Hey-o! Since today is Ash Wednesday and I'm currently in the midst of a fast, I shall not be doing this with you today but I'll definitely be doing it tomorrow.
This was the first workout Todd created for me while I was on maternity leave, so it was designed for you to do just 20 reps of each exercise. If you're feeling froggy, however, then do 30, which is what the rest of them will require from here on out.
Jilly Pup Workout #1
(20) Pearl Throws - a pearl is basically a medicine ball. Throw your medicine ball as hard and as high as you can against an outside wall or tree, catch it, squat down and bounce it hard against the ground. Stand up and repeat.
(20) Push Ups, or if you can't do push ups, do a 30lb Weight Press. Lie on your back with a 30lb dumbbell, kettlebell or medicine ball gripped in both hands, resting on your chest. Raise straight up. Repeat.
(20) Walking Lunges and Press with weights. Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Do a lunge with the right leg forward. When you step out of the lunge, lift your left knee high and lift the weights over your head. Repeat with left leg forward, lifting right knee high when you step out of the lunge.
(20) Russian Twists with at least a 15lb weight
(20) Upward Kettlebell Press. Use anything you have that is at least over 15lbs. Take weight in your right hand, holding it at shoulder height at your side. Lift straight up and slowly return to shoulder height. Do 10 each side.
(20) Sit Ups.
(20) Prison Squats.
(20) Side Pulls. With a kettlebell in your right hand, stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Both arms are at your side. Engage your obliques and abs and lean your body to the left (think "I'm a Little Teapot"), causing the kettlebell to rise slightly. Do 20 each side.
(20) Double Bicep Curls. Hold a kettlebell or at least a 20lb weight in both hands, chest height in front of your body. Lower all the way down slowly, and bring back to chest height. As with all resistance moves, it's most important that the lowering action is as slow as you can make it. It doesn't much matter how fast you pull it up.
(20) Drop Downs with Weights. Stand with feet together, holding a heavy weight in your right hand. Slowly lower your torso and lift your left leg until both torso and left leg are parallel to the floor. Use your core to pull your body back to standing. Do 20 on each side.
There you have it! Do each move back to back, stopping only for water halfway through. It should take you less than 15 minutes and you should be sore all week long. Do on nonconsecutive days for one week and by the time you do it the final third time, it won't rock you as badly as it will the first.
Adama (3) appetizers (5) beauty (7) beef (6) birthday (2) books and writing (14) busy body home life (140) chicken (29) crappy crafting (10) current events (1) dessert (2) drinks (9) fitness (62) food (127) holidays (11) lamb (1) life hacks (1) lists (12) me (39) med (1) media (33) oh baby (117) one-dish (26) paleo (7) pasta (9) pets (38) phone (2) pork (11) randoms (8) raves and reviews (55) salad (4) seafood (19) sick (3) side (1) sides (14) snacks (4) sorrow (3) soup (9) todd (3) travel (7) veggie (23) weather (16)